Four Direction Festival is the biggest Downtown event of the year. (This is Downtown’s traditional post-Stampede Parade “Street Party” completely re-envisioned!) Imagine 4-square-blocks closed to vehicles from 12pm – 9pm! Imagine exploring downtown on foot, bike and roller-blades and discovering alleys and stores and interest groups and whole communities you didn’t know were here!
- Downtown businesses and restaurants turned inside/out and spilling into the streets!
- Makers Market (click to see list and pics of vendors)!
- Chalk Art Festival (click to sign up)!
- Chalk Art Community Project!
- Performance Stage at 1st and Oliver (Arts on the Fly stage at Spirit Square: click to see performance line-up)!
- Performance Stage on 2nd!
- Four Directions Lounge (First Nation cultural activities for all to enjoy)
- Multicultural Village!
- 2 Beer Gardens!
- Mural Painting!
- Amazing Kids Zones!
- Ball Hockey!
- Street Soccer and Gymnastics!
- Games and Arts Activities!
- and so much more!
- Join us July 1st from 12pm – 9pm to celebrate our Colourful Cariboo Culture and all the diverse passions and amazing individuals within it. Leave your car and prepare to walk, roll and dance through the streets of downtown.
- Four Direction Festival is on 1st from Yorston to Borland, on 2nd and 3rd from Yorston to Oliver, and on Oliver from Mackenzie to 3rd.
- Contact us at the BIA office to share your inside/out (spilling into the street) plans! We’ll get the word out!
Makers Market Participation
- All artisans and craftsmen are welcome at the Makers Market! This is a market full of people who make things with their hands. Click here for more info and the Makers Market application
Chalk Art Festival Participation
- All ages and all arts enthusiasts are welcome! Participation is free, but pre-registration is required. Click here for more info and the Chalk Art Festival application