The Station House Gallery
Location
Description
Built by the Pacific Great Eastern Railway in late 1919, the Station House is Williams Lake’s oldest building and has always served as a centre of activity for the community. Over the years it has been a meeting place for civic groups, school boards and other organizations. In the 1960’s and 70’s the building fell into a state of disrepair and became a bit of an eyesore. A group of concerned citizens formed a society to preserve it and that group, seeing the need for a cultural centre, formally became the Station House Studio & Gallery Society in 1981. Since that time The Station House Gallery has again become a place to see old friends and enjoy conversations about the town’s activities.
The building still has its original wood floors and passenger waiting room bench, and blueprints are proudly displayed in the stairwell to the upper gallery.