We are currently hiring a part-time Event Coordinator, as of October 21, 2022. Please see listing below.
Event Coordinator: average of 25 hours per week at $22 – $25 per hour, permanent position
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of our annual events, including Spring into Downtown, Art Walk, and Winter Lights Festival. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Event Coordinator also supports our office on other projects and programs, especially via social media and other marketing tools.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Taking a project management role in the development, planning, and implementation of Downtown Williams Lake’s annual events. With support of other DWL staff, you will see all events through to completion, including evaluation their success.
- Using DWL’s Brand Strategy Guide, Brand Package, and Strategic Plan, provide support with the design and implementation of successful marketing strategies.
- Assist with planning and launching of advertising and promotional campaigns on a variety of media (print, web-based, social media, etc.)
- Assist with preparing content for the publication of marketing materials and overseeing distribution
- Assist with conducting market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
- Maintain organization’s app, website, and social media accounts (training provided)
- Liaising with DWL members and community partners to promote the success of activities and enhance DWL’s presence.
- Working within a defined budget, monitoring expenses.
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Director and other DWL staff.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience and/or education relevant to marketing and events
- Knowledge of, or the willingness to learn, marketing techniques
- thorough understanding of social media, MS Office, and other computer software
- outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, creativity, organizational skills, and ability to work as a team player
- willingness to occasionally work irregular hours to accommodate for events
- a positive attitude, with enthusiasm to learn
- eligibility to work in Canada
Are you ready to apply? Send a cover letter and resumé no later than November 3, 2022 to Sherry Yonkman at email@example.com. If you need more information, email any questions to Sherry or call the office at 250-398-5717.
If you’re interested in volunteering at Downtown Williams Lake BIA events, feel free to contact us!