We are currently hiring a part-time Marketing Assistant under the Canada Summer Jobs program as of April 25, 2022. Please see listing below.
Summer Marketing Assistant – 30 hours/week – $18/hour – 8 week term
Downtown Williams Lake BIA is searching for a Summer Marketing Assistant to help promote and highlight our Downtown businesses. This temporary, part-time position will help you gain experience planning and implementing marketing events to promote downtown Williams Lake. We offer a competitive wages, a positive team atmosphere, and the chance to flex your creative muscles.
Office hours are Monday to Thursday each week. However, two weekend events are planned that will require you to adjust your schedule to include Friday and Saturday work. These events are Stampede Street Party on July 2 and Art Walk opening day on August 13.
You will assist with:
- planning, promoting, hosting, and reporting on community events
- marketing and promotional activities to encourage activity and shopping in the downtown
- maintaining social media platforms
- creating our Art Walk guide book
- performing light physical work, such as walking to downtown businesses, watering outdoor plants, and some yard maintenance
- assisting with other DWLBIA business as requested
We are looking for someone who has:
- thorough understanding of social media, MS Office, and other computer software
- outstanding verbal and written communication, creativity, organizational skills, ability to work as a team player
- willingness to occasionally work irregular hours to accommodate for events
- a positive attitude, with enthusiasm to learn
As per Government of Canada Summer Jobs requirements, our successful candidate must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30 years old
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant BC legislation
Are you ready to apply? Send a cover letter and resumé no later than May 16, 2022 to Sherry Yonkman at email@example.com.
Do you need more information first? Send us an email and more information can be provided.
If you’re interested in volunteering at Downtown Williams Lake BIA events, feel free to contact us!