Built by the Pacific Great Eastern Railway in late 1919, the Station House, is Williams Lake’s oldest building and has always served as a centre of activity for the community. Over the years it has been a meeting place for civic, schooI boards and other groups. In the 60’s and 70’s the building fell into a state of disrepair, a bit of an eyesore in fact. A group of concerned citizens formed a Society to preserve it and that group, seeing the need for a cultural centre formally became the Station House Studio & Gallery Society in 1981. Since that time it has again become a place to see old friends and enjoy conversations about the town’s goings on.
The building still has its original wood floors, passenger waiting room bench and blueprints are proudly displayed in the stairwell to the upper gallery.
In 2019 the Station House celebrates 100 years of serving the community.